Monday, February 3, 2014

Cookin' S'more


Got to work at Plow Shares today, where we made spaghetti and sauteed vegetables and garlic bread in mass quantities. Spent the afternoon with Jini making kraut, and kale chips, and then DINNER.
Mind you, I'm just the side-kick here, and Jini calls the shots, but I have really enjoyed these cooking projects. I learned how to make cinderella Pumpkin* stuffed with turkey sausage, brown rice, onions, etc., and topped with cilantro punpkin seed pesto and ghee. Had it with a salad greens, cabbage, steamed cauliflower*, chard, and carrots and a dessert of cranberry Norwegian fruit soup with dried fruit*, topped with Kiwi Juice and bitters. Delightful meal to make and eat.

A long day of cooking, but I'm finding that the kitchen is my favorite place. It  could also be that that is where I feel the most at home. I imagine I will really enjoy doing whatever it is that I might do here :D

2 comments: