Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Art

It's hard for me to think of myself as a creator. I'm often so caught up in just taking it all in, that I forget to be a part of the growth I see around me. In the past, creating, I have looked to words and even numbers to validate my work. But farming feels like creating as part of a big team. We are all working together to make something: me, the microbes, the animals, the other people, the elements. Together we cultivate a space that is simple and fruitful, a place that even bees and blackberries want to call home.


This place is so abundant. It even gave me some accidental art. I might have to tweak out over this hippy hunk of wood that looks like a lady from both sides. I found her while picking up prunings from last year.

No comments:

Post a Comment