Sunday, May 11, 2014

Diet Evangelism

Sometimes when I feel cruddy, I go into overhaul and eat a ton of leafy greens. If I keep up a diet low in carbs, especially sugar, my mood, digestion, complexion and clarity of mind improve dramatically. I struggle with recurrent infections, dry skin, and allergies that clear up readily if I just eat right. I used to think that this included a diet free of meat, as well, but I now know that meat is an important part of the diet that is right for my body. On the other hand, simple carbs like white rice, bread, yeasts, alcohol, and especially sugar are the opposite of healthy for me.

I go to simple  carbs for their easy energy. But my goal is to take care of my body ahead of time, so I don't have to rely on junk food to sustain my activities. I had a full day today that was powered mostly by steamed brassicas (kale, collards, mustard, broccoli leaves) with a sauce made from blended sunflower seeds. It was like cheesy hearty healthy. I also had stewed meat and squash, and artichokes. I feel great. Clear-headed, hopeful, and upbeat. :]

1 comment:

  1. Love that you've found your "U". Glad to hear healthy. :)

    ReplyDelete