Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A New Phase

THe full moon eclipse last night was really beautiful. Obscured in clouds at its peak, but orange-ish afterward. Moon-gazed with the Salt Hollow folks, including Janet, who I am sad to say left this morning.

Today feels so new. I finished up a small book that my dad gave me about mindfulness, and some buddhist teachings. Checked off an impressive list. Sent applications to a new job (a new life). No strong leads yet, but the future is always unknown.

Scone and greens/eggs for breaky, turkey/nut burgers for lunch, lemon tarragon chicken soup for dinner. Breathing, breathing.

Ongoing project rendering beeswax from some old combs. It's an interesting process: styrofoam cooler, glass set on top to trap the heat. Inside, a pot with water at the bottom with cheesecloth rubber-banded on top. Set comb on top of the cloth, set the whole thing in the sun. The wax that collects on top of the water is remarkably pure.

I'm excited about goats and chickens tomorrow. The other WWOOFers will have left in a day or so, and I'll be back ot feeding the animals myself. I've missed their regular, simple company.

Walked around barefoot all day today. Been doing it a lot. It's helping my posture, and my lack of callouses.

I keep imagining my future in the city. Biking to work, sleeping on the floor til I can find the $ for a bed. It's about time I took a leap relying on just me to catch myself.

I'm applying at Google. Finishing up polishing my resume tonight. Then the cover letter. Wonder if HR will read the blog before considering me for interview.

The kitchen is back in action after having to replace the floor. Long process, bur surprisingly only a little inconvenient. Glad I can make more scones for the morning though. Night!

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts, Son. Word! You have such a way with it. Seriously thinking you need to write a book and your sister needs to illustrate. Family collaboration! What a project it would be! :) <3

    ReplyDelete